Internal accelerator for 8bit ATARI XE series.
- internal CPU turbo card for Atari XE,
- WDC 65C816 microprocessor operating at 20 MHz!!!
- managed by Xilinx Spartan6 FPGA and XC95XL CPLD devices,
- 1024kb of zero waitstate SRAM,
- up to 30.5MB of storage ram – SDRAM clocked at 160 MHz!!!
- 512kB of Flash memory (256kB is reserved for FPGA cores, 256kB for OS and New Device handler)
- 256b of EEPROM,
- high-speed bus connector for external I/O interfaces, DMA support,
- working modes, fully software-controlled – on-screen bios menu, accessible by pressing INV ( and hold) + RESET
- low power consumption due to DC/DC converters, no extra power supply required
- simple installation: put Rapidus board in place of old 6502C and just solder 3 wires, or use an Adaptus board – this depends on the model of your computer. In this case, you don’t have to solder any wires.
RAPIDUS UPGRADE may be very problematic with the ULTIMATE 1MB upgrade or VBXE.
Please, install it as a stand-alone device on your computer.
- In the XE you will need extra 4-5 precision dip sockets to build the socket tower to lift RAPIDUS PCB over cart SLOT. NOT SUPPLIED.
- If you are not familiar with soldering or you do not have proper tools, please LET a pro technician do it for you.
- Please remember – wrong tool usage or low skills may damage atari and ultimately; any damage/harm to your hardware is NOT subject to any kind of warranty.
- Installation is easy, but inexperienced hands can do a lot of damage.