The SDrive-MAX is a modern solution to the old problem of not enough disk space on your Atari 8bit computer. SDrive-MAX is a floppy drive emulator that emulates up to 4 physical floppy drives and one tape drive. Store thousands of floppy drive images on a single micro SD card that loads just like the original floppy did.
The all-new SDrive-MAX also functions flawlessly alongside physical drives giving you the ability to back-up those aging floppy disks onto modern storage that will last. It is incredible that floppy disks from 40 years ago still work, but it is only a matter of time before the data on them vanishes forever. The SDrive-MAX allows you to copy all of that data of the aging floppy for use far into the future. You can copy from the SDrive-MAX to physical drives just as effortlessly as from a physical disk to the SDrive-MAX.
The SDrive-MAX comes with a large touch-screen display, a 16GB micro SD card, an external power supply for maximum flexibility and a stylus for easy control. SDrive-MAX’s can get power from the SIO cable, but we include an external power supply for the original 800/400 computers that do not supply power fast enough to the SDrive-MAX to boot from it. You can also load CAS images using the SDrive-MAX since it also emulates the old tape drives used in the ’80s.
- Supports “ATR”, “ATX”, “CAS”, “COM”, “BIN”, “EXE”, “XEX”, “XFD”, “TAP”, “IMG” images.
- 16gb microSD Card
- 3′ cable with SIO plug
- White Case
- External power supply (Input: AC 100-240V Output: DC 12V 1A US style plug).
- Power switch modification allowing either power over SIO cable to the external power supply.
- ** NEW ** SIO modification to allow for SDrive-MAX to operate along with physical drive connected to the SIO bus.
- Multiple color options to pick from:
- Translucent Red
- Translucent Yellow
- Translucent Gold
The daughter board is thanks to the great PCB design work of Steve Boswell if you want to build your own check out his UNO2SIO page.