The Ultimate cart for Atari 8bit!
After a long time (actually 5 years….) I am happy to announce SIDE 3 CART.
- Ultimate cart for atari 8bit – XEX, COM, ROM / Cartridges load capable ..
- All features of SIDE2 and direct competition to ULTIMATE CART
- DMA loading mechanism (very fast !)
- ATR loading mechanism ( limited !)
- 8MB ROM
- 2MB SRAM INFO
- Lattice FPGA INFO
- heavy duty Hirose SD CARD SLOT INFO
- Real-time clock based on MCP79520 INFO
- Use of inexpensive, easily sourced SD cards instead of CF cards
- Emulation of a wide range of cartridge types, up to 1MB in size
- Real-time clock with battery-backed NVRAM
- A massive 8MB of flash ROM and 2MB of fast SRAM
- Versatile ROM/RAM access with the DMA engine
- Hot-swappable media
- Dual-mode (SDX/Loader) operation, controlled by a switch
- Menu button (doubles as ATR swap button when used with U1MB)
- Excellent build quality with stylish case design
Buying SIDE3, You support:
- FJC (firmware, PBI routine) https://atari8.co.uk/
- Candle`O`Sin – hardware design
All present/future firmware upgrades may be found and downloaded from FJC`s page: