The Turbo 1050, made by B. Engl, is one of the “freakiest” products I know. Using an EPROM, a GAL (logic chip), and some parts around the Turbo 1050 is a very cool floppy enhancement for the Atari 1050 disk drive. The power is in the software only! No track buffer, no additional RAM, no CPU with bigger address space. On the other hand, Turbo 1050 can copy more protected games like any Happy 1050!
Some Features Include:
- Enables Double Density (180k per disk, 256 bytes per sector)
- Enables Highspeed-SIO up to 70000 bps (more than “Warp Speed”)
- Has built-in “BackUp Machine” for copy-protected disks
- Parallel port printer interface (not included in this replica)
Since the Turbo 1050 does not have a track buffer, the Highspeed-SIO is always used, but it is only useful when the disk to be used was formatted using the Turbo 1050. The Turbo 1050 formats disks with a special interleaving so that these disks can be read at the same speed as all other floppy enhancements with track buffer.
- Installation services are available for this product, and all other upgrades we offer. Contact Us for more details.
Produced by Juergen van Radecke (tfhh)