This is the smallest floppy speeder for the Atari 1050 disk drive available: The Mini-Speedy 1050! This small PCB sizes only 5 x 5 cm and its installation is absolutely solder-free. Just remove two chips, cut off four capacitors and plug the Mini-Speedy in the the1050 mainboard – that’s all!
The Mini-Speedy 1050 offers the following features:
- Highspeed SIO transfer up to approx 76000 bps – much faster than the Happy 1050!
- Real Double Density (180k each disk, 256 bytes per sector)
- Flawless 8 KByte track buffer with highspeed write by default
- Works with all known Highspeed SIO routines and any DOS
- Built-in (just boot your 1050 with open disk lever!) Highspeed-Copy-Program or BiboDOS (needs a separate switch for changing Speedy O.S. selection).
The Mini-Speedy 1050 is equipped with the patched V1.7 firmware (newest one), this firmware works with PAL and NTSC systems (all genuine Speedy firmware runs only with PAL, but not with NTSC computers using Highspeed-SIO!)
Produced by Juergen van Radecke (tfhh)