Amazing video upgrade for the Atari XL line of 8-bit computers.
VBXL project was started in 2005 by Tomasz Piórek (Electron/TQA), and the first public announcement was made in March of 2006. Since that time, the VBXL project has been improved by Candle’o’Sin – Video DAC has been changed, microcontroller responsible for FPGA core management functions was swapped from PIC to ATMega48. Recently, new life was pumped into the project – another VideoDac change, few minor changes. The newest version – 2.1 – is 100% compatible with its ancestors, is made on automatic assembly lines, and is 100% ROHS and environment friendly.
- RGB output providing crisp clear picture using LCD TV or RGB monitor
- up to 1024 colors on screen from 21 bit palette
- graphics resolution up to 640x480i (640x240p) in 64 colours, 320x240p in 1024 colours, and 160x240p in 1024
- true 80 char mode for text display
- blitter with 7 modes of operations capable of zooming displayed data, transparency, collision detection, and many other features
- full downward compatible with GTIA chip
- and many, many more
- If you are not familiar with soldering or you do not have proper tools, please LET a pro technician do it for you.
- Please remember – wrong tool usage or low skills may damage Atari and ultimately; any damage/harm to your hardware is NOT subject to any kind of warranty.
- Installation is easy, but inexperienced hands can do a lot of damage.