Enables file transfers between the vintage Atari 8-bit computer with modern computers.
The device works in two modes::
- Sio2PC-USB –connects the ATARI SIO port to a PC/MAC computer equipped with a USB PORT, so the PC acts like a floppy disk drive for ATARI
- 10502PC – connects the Atari disk drive to a PC computer equipped with a USB PORT, so the PC can read / backup original 5.25″ floppies.
- PC with a free USB port (works on other platforms like MAC/LINUX)
- Any 8bit ATARI with a free SIO PORT
SIO2PC-USB mode manual:
- download and install one of the below:
- ASPEQT from http://sourceforge.net/projects/aspeqt/
- RESPEQT from https://github.com/jzatarski/RespeQt/releases/tag/r4
- Download VIRTUAL COM PORT drivers from FTDI PAGE and install them;
- If You use stock Windows 10 drivers, You must force to load VCP drivers in the device manager.
- connect 10502PC/SIO2PC to PC; Windows shall install drivers automatically
- new COM port will appear in the device manager
- Start ASPEQT / RESPEQT –> TOOLS –> OPTIONS: select a proper COM number and CTS MODE –> SAVE
- Press button START SIO PERIPHERAL EMULATION in the ASPEQT / RESPEQT window (blue plug icon at bottom right)
- Power ON ATARI with Sio2PC-USB connected and ATR/XEX file loaded in SLOT 1
10502PC mode manual:
- download KAFAR software (still in development) and extract to Your hard drive
- Before starting KAFAR software, close any ASPEQT process running in the background
- Run KAFAR software (Windows 10 – RUN AS ADMIN)
- You shall see a screen as follows:
- 10502PC device was set in the proper mode
- Connect 1050 to your ATARI disk drive
- Power on the floppy disk drive, Insert the floppy disk and put the handle down
- START KAFAR
- If your disk drive is set to D1 number, press 1 on the keyboard to read from this drive.
- The program will prompt about the name and location of the new ATR file.